Himalaya Herbals Bitter Melon
Bitter Melon (Karela) has an array of unique plant compounds that mirror and support pancreatic function and insulin production. This popular vegetable is revered in Ayurvedic Medicine. Its bitterness was key to its early discovery by ancient physicians who used it to strengthen the digestive potential for sweet foods and to support balance.
- Type 2 Diabetes
Improves insulin sensitivity and significantly reduces:
Hyperglycemia (Elevated glucose levels)
- Glycated Hemoglobin levles
- Total Cholerserol (TC) levels
- Free fatty acid (FFA) levels
Enhances peripheral glucose utilization
Bitter melon is used for various stomach and intestinal disorders including gastrointestinal (GI) upset, ulcers, colitis, constipation, and intestinal worms. It is also used for diabetes, kidney stones, fever, a skin condition called psoriasis, and liver disease; to start menstruation, and as supportive treatment for people with HIV/AIDS.
- Helps support normal blood sugar levels with compounds called charantin and momordicin. Additional key compounds such as vicine, peptides, and polypeptide-p (plant insulin) also work together to give Bitter Melon its potency.
- Helps maintain a normal level of triglycerides and cholesterol in the liver and blood.
- Helps support a normal immune system function.
Organic bitter melon fruit (Momordica charantia Linn.) standardized extract (5% Bitters containing Momordicosides & Charantin – 12.5 mg)250 mg, organic bitter melon stem powder (1% Bitters – 4.10 mg) 410 mg
One capsule twice daily after food.
Since Himalaya’s Pure Herbs are in capsule form, some children below 14 years may find it difficult to swallow them. For this reason, Pure Herbs are recommended for children ages 14 and above.
Not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women or patients who will undergo surgery.