A capsule of health
Ayurveda’s most famous formula, Chyavanprash has been used for thousands of years with seemingly no end to its applications. It is arguably the world’s first superfood formula with research spanning from immune health to respiratory support and even digestive wellness.*
Traditionally, this recipe was served as a jam, which made for a sticky delivery system. We’ve made our formula available in a capsule for modern convenience with all the traditional herbs found in a jam.*
What it does:
Himalaya’s Chyavanaprasha is a unique product that combines the natural goodness of over 40 ingredients, blended together to provide nourishment and strength to the body as well as energy and vitality. Enriched with natural ingredients like Indian Gooseberry, Cardamom and Cinnamon, Himalaya’s Chyavanaprasha protects you from cough, cold and infections by fortifying the body’s natural immunity. The herbs contain excellent anti-stress and anti-aging properties. It also helps purify the blood and eliminate toxins and aids in the smooth functioning of the circulatory, nervous and respiratory systems to create overall good health. Natural forest honey sweetens the formulation and makes it really tasty.
Our Chyavanaprasha is made with over 40 natural ingredients. Some of the key ingredients include:
- Indian Gooseberry fruit is rich in vitamin C and pectin. The tannins retard the oxidation of vitamin C, and pectin decreases serum cholesterol. It also inhibits platelet aggregation. It is useful in scurvy and jaundice, prevents indigestion and controls acidity. Indian Gooseberry is one of the supplements used in hyperacidity and liver disorders. Additionally, it cleanses the intestine and regulates blood sugar.
- Tinospora Gulancha makes us stronger both physically and mentally. It also has bitter properties which rejuvenate the immune system.
- Country Mallow increases strength and stamina.
- Cardamom soothes digestion, stimulates the appetite and is used to treat flatulence, colic and other digestive disorders of the body.
- Honey is generally recommended as a remedy for cold, cough, fever, sore throat and related respiratory disorders because of its bactericidal, antiseptic and expectorant properties.
- Cinnamon is beneficial in stomach cramps, gastric irritation and tongue paralysis. Ground cinnamon is a good anti-infective agent and is useful in relieving cough due to its soothing action.
Directions for use:
Take 1 capsule twice daily before meals. Allow several weeks for full benefits.
Did you know?
According to the principal Ayurvedic text, Charaka Samhita (circa 100 AD), Chyavanaprasha is the foremost of all rasayanas, a rejuvenating group of herbal medicines in Ayurveda. Rasayanas are deemed beneficial for nearly all diseases, but especially for aging when the ability to obtain adequate nutrition and maintain vigorous function declines. According to the text, through the use of Chyavanaprasha, one can acquire intelligence, memory, freedom from disease and bodily rejuvenation.
Chyavanaprasha is extremely beneficial as an adjuvant in the following conditions:
- Pulmonary tuberculosis
- Renal conditions
- Chest diseases
- Excessive thirst
- Urinary disorders
- Reproductive system disorders
- It helps promote digestion and relieve nausea.
- Ingredients like Indian Gooseberry and Cinnamon help to treat hyperacidity and flatulence.
Because of its high vitamin C content, Chyavanaprasha enhances the immune system, reducing the incidence of common infections like cough, cold and fever.
Brain and heart:
- Indian Gooseberry is an effective cardiac tonic and helps the heart function optimally.
- Chyavanaprasha nourishes brain cells and enhances memory and intelligence.
- It also has a calming effect on the nervous system and helps relieve stress.
- Chyavanaprasha helps in the smooth functioning of the respiratory system by maintaining moisture balance and stimulating the metabolism.
- It is effective in preventing cough and cold.
- It is also known to reduce symptoms of asthma.
Hair, skin, bones and teeth:
- Chyavanaprasha helps improve the complexion and prevents skin infections.
- It improves hair growth and strengthens the bones and teeth.